Labels

Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Key Garland

Something I've collected a lot of throughout the years is keys and locks. Keys from diaries. Keys from bike locks. Keys from cabinets. So many little keys. I've collected these keys from probably over 10 years. They've just been sitting in a cup for years. It was high time I used them. I decided to make a garland to hang near my cork board where there was an empty space. It really didn't take long at all!
First I took the keys and locks.
Then I decided what colors I wanted them and chose my paint.
Now this isn't any fancy key paint. Nail polish works just fine. :)
Then I painted them! (On a paper on my bed, very carefully)
Next I took some lace that I had and tied the locks and keys to it.
Then I hung it up! Tada! Super easy. Super cute.

Now I have something to fill that awkward empty wall space. I used tape to tack it up for now, but tied to nails might look prettier. So there you go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment